Marvel Point Zero
Master of Darkness!
Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8
Distinctions: Keen Tactician, Mysterious Vigilante, Trained by the Cult of Kali
Kiss of Kali: Enhanced Reflexes d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Superhuman Senses d10
- SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from attacks targeting sight or vision.
- SFX: ESP. Spend 1 PP to add Superhuman Senses (or step up if already in a pool) and reroll.
- Limit: Sensory Overload. Shutdown any Kiss of Kali power and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.
Master of Darkness: Darkforce Mastery d10, Flight d6, Invisibility d6
- SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
- SFX: Blinding Darkness. When inflicting a vision-impairing complication on a target, add a d6 and step up the effect die.
- Limit: Conscious Activation. While stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown Master of Darkness and gain 1 PP. Recover that stress or wake up to recover that Master of Darkness. If mental trauma received, shutdown Master of Darkness until trauma recovered.
Specialties: Acrobatics Expert d8, Combat Master d10, Covert Master d10, Crime Master d10, Menace Expert d8, Vehicles Expert d8
Justice in the Dark
- 1 xp when you first inflict stress on an opposing character in a scene using a Master of Darkness power.
- 3 xp when you are the only character who can visually-operate without penalty while using a Master of Darkness power in a scene.
- 10 xp When you take out a opposing character central to the event while using a Master of Darkness power, or using a Master of Darkness power to assist another player with a resource in taking out an opponent central to the event.
Hunting the Hidden Enemy
- 1 xp when you investigate a crime and find connections to a larger plot.
- 3 xp when you shut down an organized crime operation, or when a criminal organization tries to get revenge against you.
- 10 xp when you discover and shut down the head(s) of organized crime in the NYC area, or when you end up dead in a storm drain.
After his parents’ murders, young Max Coleridge devoted his life to fighting crime. He learned martial arts in the Far East and joined the mysterious Cult of Kali. The “Kiss of Kali,” a brand marking him as one of the cult’s chosen, blinded Max and gave him supernatural extrasensory perception. Returning stateside, Max became the Shroud, and his latent ability to summon Darkforce awakened. He posed as a super villain and crime boss, using this status to bring down real criminals. He has resumed more traditional super heroics and developed a relationship with part-time government agent Julia Carpenter, also known as Arachne.