Marvel Point Zero
The Avenging Archer!
Affiliations Solo d8, Buddy d6, Team d10
Distinctions: Checkered Past, Cocky Rogue, Peerless Marksman
Exceptional Training: Enhanced Reflexes d8, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Stamina d8
- SFX: Fortune Favors the Bold. If your pool includes an Exceptional Training power, spend 1 PP to reroll.
- Limit: Headstrong. When your opponent includes your existing mental or emotional stress in a dice pool, step up that stress to gain 1 PP. If the opponent’s action or reaction fails, step back that stress.
Bow and Trick Arrows: Enhanced Durability d8, Weapon d8
- SFX: Shoot to Kill. Add a d6 to your attack action pool and step back the highest die in pool. Step up physical stress inflicted.
- SFX: EMP Arrow. Against multiple robot or computerized opponents, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
- SFX: Adamantium Arrow. When your target uses a Durability power in their reaction pool, step up physical stress inflicted.
- SFX: Tear Gas Arrow. Against multiple opponents, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
- SFX: Explosive Arrow. Step up or double Weapon for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
- Limit: Gear. Shutdown Bow and Trick Arrows to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.
Specialties: Acrobatic Expert d8, Combat Master d10, Covert Expert d8, Crime Expert d8, Menace Expert d8, Vehicle Expert d8
The One and Only…
- 1 XP when you talk trash to a super villain and the doom pool has at least 2d8 in it.
- 3XP when your refusal to back down when obviously outclassed or overpowered either causes you to take stress or allows one of your allies to gain XP from one of their Milestones.
- 10 XP when you publically take full credit for defeating a superior enemy or acknowledge the aid of your allies.
The New Mask
- 1 XP when you hide your identity or utilize new methods in order to reinforce your new identity.
- 3 XP when you share you true identity with an ally.
- 10 XP when you adopt this new mask as your new super hero persona, or take off the new mask in order to take on anolder identity.
XP (as of 10/5) = 2
Orphaned young, Clint and his brother Bernard ran away to join the circus. There Clint met the men who would mentor him, the original Swordsman and Trick-Shot. Both men noticed Clint’s natural abilities and trained him, but Trick-Shot had the greater influence, beginning Clint’s lifelong love of archery. Inspired after watching Iron Man in action, Clint Barton left his brother and the circus, donning a colorful costume to fight crime as Hawkeye. Unfortunately, during Barton’s first outing, the authorities mistook him for one of the criminals he was attempting to stop, and the young man ultimately found himself fighting the very hero who had inspired him in the first place: Iron Man.
After some unhappy times on the wrong side of the law, Clint approached the Avengers in an attempt to reform his image, and Iron Man sponsored him for membership. Hawkeye was part of the first serious set of changes in the team’s line-up, a situation that saw him, Captain America, and their teammates forced to prove themselves worthy of name “Avengers” repeatedly.
Hawkeye has been on and off the roster of the Avengers over the years, but he has always returned to his allies, even when his choices and moral decisions cost him personally. Barton died as an Avenger, sacrificing himself aboard a Kree warship to save his comrades, a consequence of reality distorted by the Scarlet Witch. More recent manipulation by the Scarlet Witch returned him to the living, confused and uncertain. Although his allies suspect he is back
from the dead, Clint has yet to reveal himself to his former teammates.