Marvel Point Zero
The Berserker from the Great White North!
Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8
Distinctions: I’m the Best There Is at What I Do, Masterless Samurai, Mysterious Past
Feral Mutant: Enhanced Reflexes d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Godlike Stamina d12, Superhuman Senses d10
- SFX: Berserk. Borrow a die from the doom pool for an attack action. Step up the doom
die by +1 and return to the doom pool.
- SFX: Focus. In a pool including a Feral Mutant die, replace two dice of equal steps
with one die of +1 step.
- SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your
physical trauma by –1.
- Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.
Weapon X Program: Adamantium Claws d10, Psychic Resistance d10
- SFX: Adamantium Skeleton. On a successful reaction against an edged or blunt attack
action, either convert opponent’s effect die into a Weapon X Program stunt or
step back effect die by –1 and inflict as physical stress. Spend 1 PP to use this
stunt if opponent’s action succeeded.
- SFX: Fearsome. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when using Weapon X Program
powers to inflict emotional stress.
- SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore telepathy or mind control.
- Limit: Heavy Metal. On a magnetic attack or while swimming, change any Weapon X
Program power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or
remove the complication to recover the power.
- Limit: Toxic Metal. If Godlike Stamina is shutdown, take d10 physical stress at the
beginning and end of every Action Scene.
Specialties: Combat Master d10, Covert Master d10, Crime Expert d8, Menace Master d10, Vehicle Expert d8
…And What I Do Isn’t Nice.
- 1 XP when you first choose to inflict physical stress in a Scene.
- 3 XP when another hero rebukes you for your violence or you threaten another
hero with violence.
- 10 XP when you kill someone in front of innocents or recover from your berserker rage
in front of innocents without having inflicted trauma on anyone.
Old Friends, Old Enemies
- 1 XP when you declare someone an old ally or foe.
- 3 XP when you aid your old ally in a buddy situation or deal trauma to your old foe.
- 10 XP when you declare your old ally is now an enemy or vice versa.
James Howlett was born sickly to wealthy parents in late 19th Century Canada. Abuse, betrayal,
lost love, murder, and the manifestation of his mutant abilities led young James to flee his
ruined home with his first love, a girl named Rose. Eventually he lost Rose as well and fled into the wilderness to live with a pack of wolves.
Leaving the forest after a time, James spent decades having a series of strange and half-remembered adventures. Under the name Logan, he fought in World War II, met Captain America, and worked for various intelligence services. Later he came to the attention of the Weapon X program, which was attempting to make the perfect assassin and killing machine. The program bonded Adamantium to Logan’s skeleton and bone claws, making them unbreakable. The process also broke Logan’s mind, causing his memories to fragment and reverting him to an animal state. He wandered the Canadian wilderness until Heather and James MacDonald Hudson found him. The couple helped restore his sanity and recruited him for Canada’s Department H.
As Department H’s operative, Logan took the name Wolverine. He fought the Hulk, worked with Alpha Flight, and went on various missions until Charles Xavier recruited him for the X-Men.Wolverine stayed with the X-Men for years, leaving periodically in attempts to find peace or put together the fractured memories of his past. He is currently with the X-Men, but becoming a bit restless working only with one team.