Marvel Point Zero
The Incredible Hulk
The Strongest One There Is!
Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6
Distinctions: Man or Monster?, Engine of Destruction, Green Goliath
Gamma Charged Genetics: Enhanced Reflexes d8, Godlike Durability d12, Godlike Stamina d12, Godlike Strength d12, Mystic Sense d6
- SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
- SFX: Rage-Fueled Might. Add a die equal to your emotional stress to the doom pool to include your emotional stress in your next action. If your opponent includes your emotional stress in a reaction dice pool, step it up.
- SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back physical trauma.
- SFX: Hulk Smash! Against a single opponent, double a Gamma-Charged Genetics die. Remove the highest-rolling die and add another die to your total.
- SFX: Strongest There Is! In a reaction against an opponent with a Strength power trait, spend 1 PP or step up your emotional stress to add a die equal to the opponent’s Strength to your dice pool. Limit:
- Limitless Anger. When the doom pool includes at least 2d12 or you take emotional trauma, move all stress and trauma to the doom pool and activate Rampaging Hulk.
- Limit: Puny Banner. When you recover all of your emotional stress and trauma, shutdown Gamma-Charged Genetics and revert to Banner to gain 1 PP. Take emotional stress to recover Gamma-Charged Genetics.
When Hulk loses control, his strength and power escalate beyond the limits of any other hero, but he becomes an almost mindless catastrophic force. While manifested, the Rampaging Hulk uses the current doom pool in place of an Affiliation die for all dice pools, similar to a Large Scale Threat. Dice added to or spent out of the doom pool affect the Rampaging Hulk’s power. The Rampaging Hulk’s dice may be targeted like a Large Scale Threat’s Affiliation dice with successful actions against him reducing the doom pool. If the doom pool is reduced to two dice, the Rampaging Hulk reverts back to Banner and all emotional stress and trauma are recovered.
Specialties: Combat Expert d8, Menace Master d10
You Wouldn’t Like Me When I’m Angry
- 1 XP when the Hulk warns an army or a team of super heroes to leave him alone.
- 3 XP when the Hulk smashes a building or monument to create a complication for those who will not leave him alone.
- 10 XP when the Hulk either causes widespread destruction and property damage as the Rampaging Hulk, or sacrifices something important to him when he leaps far away to avoid such a rampage.
- 1 XP when Banner consults with another scientist about his condition.
- 3 XP when Banner creates an asset or resource during a Transition Scene that will affect the Hulk.
- 10 XP when Banner either hands himself in to the authorities so that he can be put in a facil-ity where the Hulk cannot hurt anyone or uses his Science Master specialty to gain control of the Hulk once and for all.
Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6
Distinctions: You Wouldn’t Like Me When I’m Angry, Sarcastic Genius
Specialties: Cosmic Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Medical Master d10, Science Master d10, Tech Master d10
Dr. Bruce Banner is a second-generation nuclear physicist who developed and oversaw the testing of a “gamma bomb,” a nuclear device capable of significant gamma radiation output. On the day of testing, Banner saw that a civilian, Rick Jones, had strayed onto the test site. While he was able to save Jones, Banner was caught in the gamma bomb’s blast. The detonation changed Banner’s life, completely altering his genetic structure—whenever emotional stress overcomes his conscious mind, he changes into an eight-foot tall green goliath with almost limitless strength.
Unable to properly control his monstrous alter ego, Banner was forced to leave his friends and family and become a fugitive. Over the years he has had his condition change—through psychotherapy, additional radiation treatment, and even mystical forces—but inevitably he is forced to wrestle once again with a dual life. It was recently discovered that Banner was being kept prisoner in a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. “Greysite” underneath the superhuman maximum security prison known as the Raft. How he wound up a secret prisoner of the international security agency is unknown at this time.