Marvel Point Zero
The Iconic X-Man!
Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d8, Team d10
Distinctions: I don’t have time for this, Tactical Genius, Uncompromising
Optic Beam: Force Blast d10
- SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and
keep +1 effect die.
- SFX: Energy Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack
action, convert opponent’s effect die into an Optic Beam stunt or step up Force
Blast by +1 until used in an action. Spend 1 PP to use this stunt if opponent’s
- SFX: Ricochet. Step up or double Force Blast die against a single target. Remove
highest-rolling die and add an additional die to your total.
- SFX: Versatile. Replace Force Blast die with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.
- Limit: Ruby-Quartz Visor. Earn 1 PP and either change Force Blast into a complication
or shutdown Force Blast. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.
- Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.
Specialties: Combat Expert d8, Cosmic Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Tech Expert d8, Vehicle Expert d10
To Me, My X-Men!
- 1 XP when you first lead a team including more mutants than non-mutants.
- 3 XP when you defeat a foe without any team member becoming stressed out.
- 10 XP when you either lead your team to victory over mutant issues or disband them
in the face of persecution.
- 1 XP when you choose to express your affection for another mutant hero.
- 3 XP when you turn down aid in order to be alone with your chosen hero in a perilous
- 10 XP when you either watch your chosen hero take d10 or more trauma or break off
your relationship in order to save them.
Oldest son of USAF Major Christopher Summers, young Scott Summers barely survived the Shi’ar
attack that took his parents from him. Attempting to save his life, his mother strapped him into the only parachute onboard and pushed him and his younger brother Alex from their father’s burning
plane. Orphaned and hospitalized, Scott became a ward of the state, which separated him from his
brother and shuttled him from home to home. As he grew older, Summers’ mutant abilities emerged and
caused him trouble until Professor Charles Xavier rescued him and became the boy’s teacher and
As “Cyclops,” Scott Summers was a member of the first class of X-Men trained by Xavier. He has remained loyal to Xavier’s dream, if not the man himself, at great cost over the years, through two marriages and a revolving roster of X-Men. Eventually he emerged from Xavier’s shadow to take a leadership position, in charge not only of the X-Men but also of the school bearing Xavier’s name.